Saturday, October 29, 2005

Putting in a fireplace



Eddie is taking the vinyl siding off the front porch. He decided since natural gas prices were gonna be so high this winter, he was going to add a fireplace to our living room. So he's just outside prepping. We ordered a pre-fab and it came in this week.

Now a reminder, he still hasn't finished with the foundation for the shop or the gazebo. So I guess the old addage that says the carpenter's house is always the one that needs the most work is true. That's not totally the truth. He just needs to finish what he has started. I do agree with him that the fireplace should usurp the other two for priority since the temps are reaching down into the low 30's at night.

He promised me he would build me a beautiful mantle to go over the fireplace. I can't wait to see what he makes. He is very talented. The pictures of the mantle above is of one that he made for another couple's fireplace. I am very lucky to be married to my good 'ole country boy. He is my Superman, he can do anything. As Hank, Jr. sings "A Country Boy Can Survive," that fits Eddie to a tee. Yeah...

No comments: