Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My Mother's Birthday


September 13, 2002, my mom's last birthday. Posted by Picasa

Today would have been my mother's 73rd birthday. This post is in remembrance of her. She passed away on January 2, 2003 from small cell carcinoma of the left lung which spread to her liver.

My mother was the best mother any child could ever have, if you don't believe me, just ask one of my three brothers. She had the knack, and not all mother's have this knack, of making you feel like you were an only child.

She gave all of herself to make you feel like you were the most special person in the whole wide world, but then she could turn around and make the person standing just next to you feel that same way.

She was near and dear to me and I miss her tremendously each and every day, but especially on her special day.

Here's to you, Momma, I love you very much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie,
Anita was the best Aunt in the world to me. I think about her all the time and miss her so much.
She taught me alot of things about life. That I will treasure forever.
Love ya
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

DEBBIE SORRY I AM SO LATE READING YOUR BLOG BUT BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.
WELL I HAVE TO OMIT THAT MY MOM AND I ARE VERY CLOSE AND I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD HAVE ANYONE MEAN AS MUCH TO ME AS MY MOM BUT I WAS WRONG. I HAD THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS THE BEST MOM AND THE BEST MOTHER IN LAW. ANITA WAS WONDERFUL TO ME THE SHORT TIME I HAD HER AND I THING OF HER OFTEN. I FEEL VERY FORTUNATE TO STILL HAVE MY MOM WITH ME. I LOVED ANITA VERY MUCH AND MISS HER EVERY DAY THAT PASSES. JUST KNOW THAT SHE IS IN A MUCH BETTER PLACE THAN WE ARE..LOVE YOU BRENDA