Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cravings cause Klutziness...

A town close to my home has a Pepsi distribution company and I have been meaning to go in and see if I could sample the new SF (Diet) Tropicana Orangeade. Since I can't have carbonated drinks and no sugar and I have been craving orange I thought this would be a good item to try, but I have not been able to find it in any of the local stores. I even asked Wal-Mart to order some for me, but they have not done so. Therefore, I thought I would go to the source since Tropicana is a Pepsi product.

When I went in the building, I entered into a small room (alcove) with a mirror on the wall, a chair, a telephone table with telephone and an elevator with no buttons. I am sure the mirror was a two-way, as it seemed to look just like ones that I have seen on TV shows and/or the movies. A sign above the phone said, "If you need assistance, pick up the phone." Soooo, I picked up the phone, it started ringing and a voice said, "May I help you?" I told her what I wanted and she said they did not have any SFTO. What??? They are a Pepsi distributor, so what is the deal with them not having one of their Pepsi products, shouldn't they have all the different Pepsi products available on the market? I have come to the conclusion that Alabama is SFTO deprived? I can't find any anywhere in my vacinity and I am unable to order it online, unless I want to pay $22.00/12 pack and I am not gonna do that since I consider that highway robbery.

Anyway, I hang up with the telephone lady and head out the door and that's when the klutziness kicked in. I somewhat blame it on the Pepsi company as there was not a sign that said, "Watch your step" or anything to allude to a potential risk of falling. There is a half-step drop off when you step out the door and I didn't see it and/or step properly. My ankle twisted and I came crashing down on my knees while trying to catch myself with my hand on the door handle. Hence, I pulled my shoulder, my neck, my back, twisted my ankle and skinned/bruised/banged up both knees and all told I didn't even get a sample of the SFTO. Such a BUST! I am going to be so sore tomorrow. It angers me that there wasn't a live person there to help me when I fell. If they had camera monitors, I bet someone edited the video of my spill very quickly. I should sue Pepsi for causing my fall and not having a sample of SFTO. Just kidding!

And since I'm already on a rant, let me say that I have reason to believe that Orville Reddenbacher has discontinued the cheddar flavored Mini-Smart popcorn cakes. Since I have become completely addicted to the evil carbohydrate-filled cakes of air-puffed fluff, he's now gonna discontinue the suckers and take away my one true vice left (well, maybe not my only one). This is a fairly new market item and I bought up every box I ever found, so I know he knew they were a hot selling item, at least in my neck of the woods they were. Why would OR do this to me? I don't get to eat much anyways. He keeps the chocolate and caramel ones for sale and nobody buys them. The shelves are always overstocked with those, but you can't ever find the cheddar ones. What is up with the food/beverage companies? What have they got against me? This is gonna cause me to start a vendetta. I am considering starting a campaign to boycott Pepsi and Orville Reddenbacher. If you have a gripe against either of these food/beverage companies or any other food/beverage company for that matter, comment and let me know and I will add your complaint to my list.

3 comments:

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

You should totally sue Pepsi for a lifetime supply of SFTO.
I've had it, it's good. You need to come down to FL to get some!

Aleta said...

I hope you are feeling better from the fall. I would have gotten back on that phone and told the lady something about the fall!

I'm not a Pepsi fan, so you're talking to the wrong gal. Just don't like their products much...

Gail said...

I hope you are O.K. I don't have a gripe concerning a beverage company but I do have a complaint about hair products (of course). WalMart could not keep the shampoo and conditioner I used stocked because as the sales woman told me one time, "We can't keep enough on the shelves. Every time we put it out, it is gone in a couple of days." It was ThermaSilk by Helene Curtis. I went to get some one day and there was none on the shelf. I asked the sales women when would they be getting some more in and she replied, "We're not getting any more in because they have changed to a new line." I wanted to scream, "Nooo!" I traveled about 20 miles to a WalMart that had some in stock and I bought all they had 14 bottles of each. I wished companies would think like we do, "If it's not broke, don't try and fix it." Are you listening Orville and Helene!!!!