Monday, July 24, 2006

Travels, Travails, (family) Time and Tiredness

Saturday, I drove to my brother's house (Chris) in Northwest Alabama. It took me an hour longer than it should have because I had to drive through some torrential rain. All the cars that weren't stopped on the side of the road were traveling at approximately 10 to 15 miles per hour on the Interstate. You could hardly see the cars and road in front of you. That was very stressful. Then I had to make a detour and go by Shannon's and grab the presents that she had picked up for me for the two birthday kids. Shannon couldn't go with me because of a stomach virus. Everyone asked about her and missed seeing her. I didn't mention that the reason for my travels was my nephew Jackson's christening and celebration of my niece Lauryn's and my nephew Will's birthdays.

I left home at 1:00p.m. and didn't arrive at my destination until 5:30p.m. Then I held Jackson for a while and joked around with the other kids. We had supper, Michelle's sister Colleen made spaghetti and meatballs. It was delish! We played Cadoo and Disney Scene It, Lauryn and I were a team and we didn't win either game. Darn it! We did show good effort though and we were awfully good sports. LOL We all went to bed and then yesterday we all got ready for church and my brother Don and his family met us at the church for the christening. Jackson was so cute in his christening suit and he really is a very good baby.

Afterwards we all headed back to the house and had lunch (finger foods, croissant sandwiches, fruit tray, chips-n-dip, etc.). The kids played on the water slide and then it was time for birthday cake and presents. I think Lauryn and Will were excited with their DS games that we got them.

Thanks Shannon and Clayton for picking those up for me.

I then drove back home. I left Chris's at 3:00p.m. and got back home at approximately 6:10p.m. I think driving down hill (south) I made better time. LOL

I had a wonderful time, but I am tired, and so glad to be back home.

No comments: