Sunday, March 26, 2006

Friendship

This afternoon I rode up to Clanton to have a late lunch with my friends. We went to Heaton Pecan Farm. The food was good, but the company was wonderful! I ordered the pecan chicken plate which included a deviled egg, mandarin orange congealed salad, and a pear with Ritz crackers and sweet tea.

The girls Joan, Janice, Dianna, and Susan brought me a "Get Well" basket for my upcoming surgery. Linda was not able to be there.

The metal basket was painted with butterflies and was filled with goodies: dark chocolate, Andes mints, Poppycock, Pretzels, Combo's, hand-knitted booties, a towel, a mesh body sponge, a foot scrubber, lotions, swirly-shaped soap in an apothecary, soap, and hand-soap. Joan made me a home-made card and everyone signed their prayers and best wishes to me. I was very surprised and appreciative.

We had a passerby take our picture. Here it is:














From left to right is Joan, Dianna, Susan, me, and Janice

No comments: